Complaints Handling Policy
- The complaints procedures shall treat all parties fairly and equitably.
- Upon receipt of a complaint, ERMA shall confirm whether the complaint relates to certification activities for which it is responsible and, if so, shall respond accordingly.
- Whenever possible, ERMA shall acknowledge receipt of the complaint and shall provide the complainant with progress report and outcome.
- ERMA receiving the complaint shall be responsible for gathering and verifying all necessary information to validate the complaint.
- Whenever possible, ERMA shall give formal notice of the end of the complaints-handling process to the complainant.
- Any substantiated complaint about a certified person shall also be referred by ERMA to the certified person in question at an appropriate time.
- The complaints-handling process shall be subject to requirements for confidentiality, as it relates to the complainant and to the subject of the complaint.
- The decision to be communicated to the complainant shall be made by, or reviewed and approved by, personnel not previously involved in the subject of the complainant.
Procedure of Complaints Handling Process
Complaints must be submitted through written texts within 45 days from the date when the reason have arisen. ERMA will not respond to anonymous complaints or complaints without clear contact information. After receipt of the complaint in writing, ERMA shall investigate whether it relates to the certification activities and scopes for which ERMA is responsible, and decide the acceptance of it.
Investigation and Preparation of Actions to be Taken and of Draft Response
After accepting the complaint, ERMA shall nominate the individual(s) previously not involved in the subject of the complaint, and instruct him/her (them) to investigate and validate the subject of the complaint. The nominated individual(s) shall investigate the matter, and decide actions to be taken by ERMA and a response to the complainant.
Communication of Decision
ERMA shall communicate the decision on the response to the complainant. Where the complainant agrees with the decision, ERMA shall give notice to the complainant of the end of the complaints-handling process.
Request of Re-examination
In case where the complainant disagrees with the decision, the complainant may request ERMA to re-open the investigation of the matter within 30 days after the receipt of the decision. Such a request can only be accepted if the request is accompanied with additional information, such as new findings of the fact. After receipt of such a request, ERMA shall re-open the investigation of the matter and give notice to the complainant of further decision(s) in accordance with the above mentioned complaints-handling process.
Convocation and Deliberation in Appeal Committee
If the complainant disagrees with further decision(s) based on the investigation re-opened, and requests further investigation, ERMA shall convoke the Management System Appeal Committee subject to the consent of the complainant. At the Committee, deliberation shall be made on the results of the investigation/re-investigation and on actions to be taken, and response based on the decision of the Committee shall be communicated to the complainant. This is the end of the complaints-handling process.
Correction and Corrective Actions
ERMA shall take appropriate correction and corrective actions regarding the appeals and complaints accepted in accordance with the actions determine by ERMA to be taken.
Appeals Handling Policy
- All appeals are dealt with in a constructive, impartial and timely manner.
- ERMA is responsible for all decisions at all levels of the appeals-handling process. ERMA also ensure that the decision-making personnel engaged in the appeals-handling process are different from those who were involved in the decision being appealed.
- Submission, investigation and decision on appeals shall not result in any discriminatory actions against the appellant.
- ERMA shall acknowledge receipt of the appeal and shall provide the appellant with progress reports and outcome.
- ERMA shall give formal notice to the appellant of the end of the appeals-handling process.
Procedure of Appeals Handling Process
Appeals must be submitted through written texts within 45 days from the date when a reason have arisen. Once receipt of the appeals in writing, ERMA shall investigate and validate the subject of the appeal, and decide the acceptance of it. The investigation shall be made by individual(s) not previously involved in the decision of the certification related to the subject of the appeal. Where the appeal is accepted, ERMA shall give notice to the appellant of it. In case where the appeal is not accepted, ERMA shall give notice to the appellant of it with the reason in writing.
Investigation and Deliberation
After accepting the appeal, ERMA shall convoke the Management System Appeal Committee within it. The Committee consists of members not involved in the subject of the appeal. At the meeting(s) of the Committee, the deliberation shall be made on the result of the investigation into the appeal and subsequent action(s) to be taken. The appellant may be invited to explain the reason(s) for the appeal at the meeting of the Committee if the appellant so wishes.
Communication of Deliberation Result
The result of the deliberation of the Committee (the decision of the Committee) shall be communicated to the appellant. Where the appellant agrees with the result of the deliberation, ERMA shall give notice to the appellant of the end of the appeals-handling process. In case where the appellant does not agree to the result, the appellant may just one more request to ERMA to re-open the deliberation at the Committee within 30 days after receipt of the result.